txTsuko (PaaS): A Game-Changer in the World of Transactions
* PaaS: Paymaster as a Service
In our increasingly digital world, one revolutionary technology has been silently reshaping how we think about transactions: blockchain. You’ve probably heard of L1 (layer one) blockchains, like Bitcoin and Ethereum, but blockchain technology is much more than that. It’s a new way of storing data and executing transactions – secure, decentralized, and transparent.
However, as with any emerging technology, it has its unique challenges.
Understanding the Challenge: Gas Fees in Simple Terms
Imagine that every time you wanted to send an email, you had to pay a small fee. This fee isn’t in your regular currency but in a special kind of digital token unique to your email provider. Sounds inconvenient, right? That’s kind of what it’s like to perform transactions on blockchain platforms, like Ethereum.
These fees are called “gas fees,” and they’re essential for the operation and security of the blockchain. However, they require users to have a specific digital currency: a native token, like ETH for Ethereum, which can be a significant barrier for many, as is not always convenient or practical.
The Emergence of Paymasters as a Solution
To solve this issue, the blockchain community developed a concept called “Paymasters.” These are smart contracts (special programs) that address the gas fee problem by sponsoring these fees on behalf of users (Sponsored Paymaster) or allowing alternative methods of payment, like using the ERC20 token. (ERC20 Paymaster). This innovation has the potential to significantly enhance user experience and accessibility on blockchain platforms!
However, the creation and implementation of Paymasters, even on advanced networks like zkSynzkc, an L2 scaling protocol, can be complex and time-consuming. Dealing with Paymasters demands lengthy learning processes from developers, project founders, and even average users.
Recognizing this problem, we at txSync, developed a unique solution to simplify the process called txTsuko!
Introducing txTsuko: Paymaster as a Service
Enter txTsuko – new revolutionary product on txSync, that simplifies the entire process of building, deploying, and customizing a paymaster on zkSync with just a few clicks! txTsuko takes the concept of Paymasters to a new level by offering a Paymaster as a Service (PaaS) solution.
By developing txTsuko, we’ve significantly reduced the technical barriers typically associated with Paymaster setup and operation. This is a game-changer, because set-up, which would typically take days for zkSync veterans, or even weeks to months for newcomers, can now be accomplished in minutes with txTsuko.
It marks a significant step towards making blockchain more accessible and efficient.
How does it work?
As mentioned before, setting up a basic Paymaster involves intricate processes, including coding calculations, performing validations, and initializing transactions, all of which are crucial for creating a functional Paymaster.
We turned this complex process into an easy-to-use, intuitive interface. To build a basic Paymaster using txTsuko, follow these simple steps:
- Go to txTsuko website
- Connect and verify your wallet (Note: A ‘wallet’ in the blockchain context is a digital tool that allows you to interact with your blockchain account, similar to an online banking app but for cryptocurrencies.)
- Name your paymaster
- Choose between Sponsored or ERC20 paymaster types
e.g. If you chose ERC20 type, you need to select your ERC20 token to be used in this paymaster
- Hit “Create Tsuko”
And that’s it! You now have a paymaster address which is ready to be used by any DApp (A decentralised application) on zkSync.
The Key Features of txTsuko
While developing txTsuko, we focused on incorporating features that would bring significant value to developers and users in the zkSync ecosystem. Two standout features of txTsuko are the Monitoring page and Restrictions.
- Monitoring page: Once your Tsuko (paymaster) is live, we instantly activate transaction monitoring. This means that every transaction that includes your Tsuko address (a unique identifier that functions like an account number) is tracked and displayed on your dashboard in real time. You’ll see total and individual transactions, ETH spent on gas fees, and user counts. This level of monitoring offers a powerful insight into how Tsuko is being used. It’s not just about numbers; it’s about understanding user behaviors, identifying usage patterns, and gaining a deeper understanding of how your Tsuko interacts with its users.
- Restrictions: Restrictions are rules that you specify for your Tsukos. With the help of Restrictions, you can have more control over who can use your Tsuko (your users), as well as which specific smart contracts or even their functions can connect to it. Additionally, you can reuse Restrictions you created in multiple different Tsukos. Basically, they’re an innovative approach to add conditions to special use case paymasters, transforming how transactions are managed in the zkSync ecosystem, making it more efficient and versatile.
In just four days since the launch, over 400 Paymasters have been created using txTsuko. This milestone is not just a number; it’s a clear indicator of the platform’s ease of use and the real need it addresses in the blockchain community!
The future of paymaster creation is here!
txTsuko aims to bring the future of paymaster creation to the present by providing a faster, easier, and more efficient way of building paymasters. The product is designed to bring paymaster usage on zkSync to everyone, and to constantly evolve by offering its users a wide palette of tools to help on this journey!
And this is just the beginning! Behind the scenes, our team is relentlessly pushing the boundaries, constantly innovating to expand txTsuko’s potential and user-friendliness.
And if you want to dig deeper and learn even more informations about txTsuko and paymasters, make sure you check out this blog post where we explained everything you need to know.